Your journey starts here
students with the desire to learn, how to safely manipulate and accurately fire their weapon systems for self-defense or for the defense of your loved ones. The participant will achieve a higher level of confidence and will learn necessary safety measures when using a defensive weapon for protection in defensive situations. Through utilization of demonstration, lecture, range procedure and practical use the student will be taught.
- -Safe weapon handling (4 safety rules enforced)
- -Fundamentals of marksmanship
- Front sight focus
- Trigger press
- Trigger reset
- -Multiple target engagement
- -Accuracy at multiple distances
- -Manipulation of the weapon system
- Press checks
- Draw from the holster
- Malfunction clearance
The 16 hour class will start at Alaska Tactical with a morning lecture beginning at 0800 hrs. A half-day on the range will follow the Saturday morning lecture on Saturday. A full day on the range on Sunday, starting 0900 ending at 1700 hours.
- - Good attitude.
- - Minimum of 21 years of age.
- - Completed Application for Training.
- - Appropriate clothing (Ball cap, closed toe footwear, etc.)
- - Ball cap, closed toe footwear, etc.
- - Safety glasses & hearing protection.
- - Minimum Caliber for OUR classes- 9MM semi-auto or .38 special revolver.
- - Nominal 350 rounds of ammo
- - Full size Semi-Auto Handgun with at least 3 magazines OR revolver with at least 3 speed reloaders
- - Oustide the Waist band-Hip Holster and Magazine Pouch
- - Handgun rentals available.
- - Handgun rental fee is $30.00 a day
- Must use Alaska Tactical ammunition if renting a firearm
- Cost of ammunition is not included in handgun rental fee