This 3 day (24 hours) carbine course will introduce participants to the fundamentals of defense and marksmanship with a semi-auto carbine (caliber 5.56 or 7.62) effective from handgun distance and out to approximately 100 yards.
- -Participants will learn the following:
- -Firearms safety
- -How to zero weapon
- -Loading procedures
- -Instruction on malfunction clearances
- -Various firing positions
- -Use of cover and barricades
- -Multiple threat and no-shoot situations
- -Transition to handgun
Successful completion of the Defensive Handgun Level I is preferred but not mandatory. Students must have either a valid Alaska Concealed Carry Permit, provide current military or law enforcement identification, or have obtained a State of Alaska background check prior to participating in this training.
- -Good attitude.
- -Minimum of 21 years of age.
- -Completed Application for Training.
- -Good quality urban rifle/carbine 5.56 or 7.62 with sling*
- -Full size pistol, 3 mags, holster and mag pouches
- -5 or more carbine Magazines, Mag pouches
- -Nominal 1000 rifle and 200 pistol rounds
- -Appropriate clothing for weather (Ball cap, closed toe footwear, etc.)
- -Safety glasses, hearing protection and knee pads. (Available upon request.)
- * Carbine rentals available.
- -Carbine rental fee is $50.00 a day
-Must use Alaska Tactical ammunition if renting a firearm
-Cost of ammunition is not included in carbine rental fee